Classmates in the Press
Classmates have created works in a wide variety of media: for
example, children's books about pigs named Hector and Prudence, academic articles on gene
therapy, HBO movies, and a nationally
syndicated radio show. In the interest of saving space, not all works of
prolific classmates are listed. If you know of other classmates that have published
works but are not listed here, please contact the
- R.J. Kruklitis, S. Singhal, P. DeLong,
V. Kapoor, D.H. Sterman, L.R. Kaiser, Steven Albelda, "Immunogene therapy with
interferon-b before surgical debulking delays recurrence and improves survival
in a murine model of malignant mesothelioma," Journal of Thoracic and
Cardiovascular Surgery, 127:123-130, 2004.
- R. Wiewrodt,
K. Amin, M. Keifer, V.
Jovanovic, V. Kapoor, S.
Force, M. Chang, M.
Lanuti, M. Black, L.
Kaiser, Steven Albelda, "Adenovirus-mediated
gene transfer of enhanced herpes simplex thymidine kinase mutants improves
prodrug-mediated tumor cell killing," Cancer Gene
Therapy, 10:353-364, 2003.
- M. Odaka, R.
Wiewrodt, P.A. DeLong, T.
Tanaka, Y. Zhang, L.R.
Kaiser, Steven Albelda, "Analysis
of the immunological response generated by Ad.IFN-beta during successful
peritoneal tumor gene therapy," Molecular
Therapy, 6:210-218, 2002.
- M. Christofidou-Solomidou, G. Murphy, and Steven Albelda, "Induction
of E-selectin-dependent leukocyte recruitment by mast cell degranulation in human skin
grafts transplanted on SCID mice," American Journal of Pathology,
- A.A. Elshami, A. Saavedra, H.B. Zhang, J.C. Kucharczuk, D.C. Spray, G.I.
Fishman, L.R. Kaiser, Steven Albelda, "Gap junctions play a role in the
"bystander effect" of the Herpes Simplex virus thymidine kinase/ganciclovir
system in vitro," Gene Therapy, 3:85-92, 1996.
- Mark E. Bouton &
C. Sunsay, C., "Importance
of trials versus accumulating time across trials in partially-reinforced
appetitive conditioning," Journal of Experimental
Psychology: Animal Behavior Processes, 29, 62-77, 2003.
- Mark E. Bouton,
"Context, ambiguity, and unlearning: Sources of
relapse after behavioral extinction," Biological
Psychiatry, 52, 976-986, 2002.
- Mark E. Bouton,
S. Mineka, & D.H. Barlow,
"A modern learning theory perspective on the
etiology of panic disorder," Psychological
Review, 108, 4-32, 2001.
- J.M. Pearce &
Mark E. Bouton, "Theories of associative
learning in animals," Annual Review of
Psychology, 52, 111-139, 2001.
- R.J. Frohardt,
F.A. Guarraci, & Mark E. Bouton,
"The effects of neurotoxic hippocampal lesions on two effects of
context after fear extinction," Behavioral
Neuroscience, 114, 227-240, 2000.
- Mark E. Bouton,
"A learning theory perspective on lapse, relapse,
and the maintenance of behavior change," Health
Psychology, 19 (Suppl.), 57-63,
- P.C. Holland
Mark E. Bouton, "Hippocampus and context in
classical conditioning," Current Opinion in
Neurobiology, 9, 195-202, 1999.
- Mark Bouton, J.B. Nelson, and J.M. Rosas, "Stimulus Generalization,
Context Change, and Forgetting," Psychological Bulletin, 125, pages 171-186,
- J.M. Rosas
& Mark E. Bouton, "Context
change and retention interval can have additive, rather than interactive,
effects after taste aversion extinction,"
Psychonomic Bulletin & Review, 5, 79-83, 1998.
- Mark Bouton and M.S. Fanselow (editors), Learning, Motivation, and
Cognition: The Functional Behaviorism of Robert C. Bolles, American
Psychological Association, 1997.
- Jerald E. Brown, The Years of the Life of Samuel Lane, 1718-1806,
University Press of New England, 2001.
- Donald Pope-Davis and Hardin L. K. Coleman (editors), The
Intersection of Race, Class, and Gender: Implications for Multicultural Counseling,
Sage Publications, 2001.
- Donald Pope-Davis and Hardin L. K. Coleman (editors), Multicultural
Counseling Competencies: Assessment, Education and Training, and Supervision,
Sage Publications, 2001.
- Monthly column entitled,
"Volume Analytics" at
- Guy Creese and Alex Veytsel, Web Analytics: Making Business
Sense of Online Behavior, Aberdeen Group, 2002.
- Guy Creese and Alex Veytsel, Web Analytics: Translating Clicks
into Business, Aberdeen Group, 2000.
- Behind the Sun (CD), BMG Music, 1988.
- Frank Davis, D.M. Stoms, R.L. Church, B.J. Okin, and K.N. Johnson,
"Selecting Biodiversity Management Areas," in Sierra Nevada Ecosystem
Project: Final Report to Congress, vol. II, Assessments and Scientific Basis for
Management Options, University of California Centers for Water and Wildland
Resources, Davis, 1996.
- B. Stein and Frank Davis, "Discovering Planet Earth: Tools and
Techniques of Biodiversity Inventory," in Precious Heritage, The Status of
Biodiversity in the United States, edited by B. Stein et al., Oxford University
- Frank Davis and D. Roberts, "Stand Structure in Terrestrial
Ecosystems," pages 7-30 in Methods in Ecosystem Science (O.E. Sala, R.B.
Jackson, H.A. Mooney, R.W. Howarth, editors) Springer, 2000.
- Tom Detmer,
"The Missing Link in CRM?," destinationCRM.com, July 26, 2004.
- Tom Detmer,
"Seeking The Complete
Customer Experience: The Web As A Marketing Tool," Customer Inter@ction
Solutions, May, 2002.
- Tom Detmer, Comments at the panel
"E-mail Based Newsletter Businesses," Seybold Seminars, March 4,
- Frank Doelger (executive producer),
My House in Umbria, 2003.
- Frank Doelger (producer),
The Gathering Storm,
- Frank Doelger (executive producer), Conspiracy,
- Frank Doelger (director), "The Emperor Jones,"
Remember WENN, 1996.
Mary (Anton) Garbauskas
- Ronald H. Arendt; Mary F.
Garbauskas; Charles A. Meyer;
Frank J. Rotella; James D.
Jorgensen; Richard L. Hitterman,
"Thermal expansion measurements using neutron
diffraction of Bi2CaSr2Cu2Ox,"
Physica C, Volume 182, Issue 1-3, pages 73-78.
- John A. DeLuca, Mary F. Garbauskas, Roger B. Bolon, James G. McMullen,
Winifred E. Balz, Pamela L. Karas,
"The synthesis of superconducting TlCaBaCuoxide
films by the reaction of spray deposited CaBaCuoxide precursors with Tl 2 O
vapor in a two-zone reactor," Journal of
Materials Research, Vol. 6, No. 7,
July, 1991, page 1415.
- Mary F. Garbauskas and Ronald H. Arendt, James
D. Jorgensen and Richard L. Hitterman,
neutron diffraction study of the melting behavior of Bi2CaSr2Cu2Ox,"
Applied Physics Letters, Volume 58,
Issue 25, June 24, 1991, pp. 2987-2988.
- Steven Gillis and F.P. Inman, Contemporary Topics in Molecular Immunology: The Interleukens, Plenum
Publishing Corporation, 1985.
- Steven Gillis (editor), Recombinant
Lymphokines and Their Receptors.
Patricia (Brown) Glenn
- Patricia Brown Glenn, Discover
America's Favorite Architects, John Wiley & Sons, 1996.
- Patricia Brown Glenn, Under
Every Roof: A Kid's Style and Field Guide to the Architecture of American Houses,
Preservation Press, 1993.
- Peter Hillman, "Front Pay Takes a Front Seat:
Supreme Court Rules that Damages Cap Does Not Apply," Andrews Employment,
- Peter Hillman, "Saying Goodbye to the CEO:
Reducing Legal Risks when Terminating Tech Execs," Directorship,
- Peter Hillman (co-author), "Employers Must
Beware State Whistleblower Rules," Andrews Corporate Risk Spectrum,
- Peter Hillman, "Employers Can Limit
Discrimination Liability, As Recent Decisions Applying Supreme Court Rulings
Make Clear," Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, January 2000.
- Peter Hillman, "Punitive Damages Awards,"
Andrews Sexual Harassment Litigation Reporter, July 1999.
- Peter Hillman, "Mandatory Arbitration Provisions
Enforceable?," New York Law Journal, February 1999.
- Peter Hillman, "Teamsters, California Brewers
and Beyond: Seniority Systems and Allocation of the Burden of Proving Bona
Fides," St. Johns Law Review, No. 4 (Summer),
Akua Lezli Hope (Lezli Hope White)
- Sheree R. Thomas (editor), "The Becoming," DARK MATTER,
(first!) anthology of African American Science Fiction, Time Warner Books, 2000.
- B. O'Brien, J. Damerell, and C.J. Houghtaling (editors), "My Mommy
Gone #15," WORDS OF WISDOM, Poet's Theater 20th Anniversary Anthology,
H&H Press, PA, 2000.
- Rosemarie Robotham (editor), "Inventing the Food," Bluelight
Corner, Black Women Writing on Passion, Sex and Romantic Love, Three Rivers Press,
- Brett Axel (editor), "Chock Full O' Nuts," Will Work for
Peace, New Political Poetry, Zeropanik Press, NJ, 1999.
- EMBOUCHURE, poems on jazz and other musics, ArtFarm Press, NY,
- Charlotte Watson-Sherman (editor), "Finishing," "Water
Bears No Scars," "My Muse Relentless," "Song Through the Wall," SISTERFIRE,
an Anthology of Black Womanist Fiction and Poetry, HarperCollins, 1994.
- Adrienne Rich, "To Every Birth Its Pain," What is Found
There, Notebooks on Poetry and Politics, W.W. Norton, 1993.
- Decosta-Willis, Martin and Bell (editors), "When the horn fits, blow
it," "Songs they could sing," "Telegram from Topeka,"
"Interpenetration Side Two, " Erotique Noire/Black Erotica, Anchor
Books, Doubleday, NY, 1992.
- Amiri and Amina Baraka (editors), "...my mother is an
indictment," "LAMENT," CONFIRMATION, anthology of Afrikan-American
women writers, Quill (Morrow), NY, 1983.
- "Betty Carter at the Vanguard," "Brain Gets Blame
II," "Keep Watch," Black and in Brooklyn, Universal Black Writer
Press, NY, 1983.
- "Getting to Know," "Gowanus Canal," Extended
Outlooks, the Iowa Review Anthology of Contemporary American Women Writers, Collier,
- "To Sister for Mother," "No One Comes Home to Lonely
Women," Woman Poet East, Women-In-Literature, Reno, NV, 1981.
- Bruce Koscielniak, About Time: A First Look at Time
and Clocks, Houghton Mifflin Company, 2004.
- Bruce Koscielniak, Johann Gutenberg and the Amazing
Printing Press, Houghton Mifflin
- Bruce Koscielniak, The Story of the Incredible Orchestra: An
Introduction to Musical Instruments and the Symphony Orchestra, Houghton Mifflin
- Bruce Koscielniak, Hear, Hear, Mr. Shakespeare: Story,
Illustrations, and Selections from Shakespeare's Plays, Houghton Mifflin Company,
- Bruce Koscielniak, Geoffrey Groundhog Predicts the Weather,
Houghton Mifflin Company, 1995.
- Bruce Koscielniak, Bear and Bunny Grow Tomatoes, Knopf, 1994
- Bruce Koscielniak, Euclid Bunny Delivers the Mail, Knopf, 1991.
- Bruce Koscielniak, Hector and Prudence: All Aboard!,
Houghton Mifflin Company, 1991.
- Bruce Koscielniak, Hector and Prudence, Houghton Mifflin
- Edward J. Larson, Evolution : The Remarkable
History of a Scientific Theory, Modern Library,
- Edward J. Larson, Evolution's Workshop: God and
Science on the Galápagos Islands, Basic Books, 2002.
- Edward J. Larson, Summer for the Gods: The Scopes
Trial and America's Continuing Debate over Science and Religion, Harvard
University Press, 1998.
J. Ross Macdonald
- J. Ross Macdonald, Treatydisk: United States International Tax
Treaties, Kluwer Law International, 1998.
- Sue Birley and Daniel F. Muzyka, Mastering Entrepreneurship:
The Complete MBA Companion in Entrepreneurship, Financial Times-Prentice Hall
- Sue Birley and Daniel F. Muzyka (editors), Mastering Enterprise,
Financial Times-Prentice Hall Publishing, 1997.
- Neil C. Churchill, Daniel F. Muzyka, Sue
Birley, and William D. Bygrave, editors, Frontiers of Entrepreneurship
Research, 1992, Babson College Center for Entrepreneurship, 1994.
- Karl H. Vesper, Daniel F. Muzyka, and
William D. Bygrave, editors, Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research, 1990,
Babson College Center for Entrepreneurship, 1991.
- Lynellyn D. Long and Ellen Oxfeld,
editors, Coming Home: Refugees, Migrants,
and Those Who Stayed Behind, University of
Pennsylvania Press, 2003.
- Ellen Oxfeld, Blood, Sweat, and Mahjong: Family and Enterprise
in an Overseas Chinese Community, Cornell University Press, 1993.
- D. R. Hopkins, F. O. Richards, and M.
"Editorial: Whither Onchocerciasis Control in Africa?", American
Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene,
January 1, 2005.
- Moses N. Katabarwa, Frank O. Richards
Jr., and Lindsay Rakers,
"Letter to the Editor:
Kinship Structure and Health-Care Improvement in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
The Lancet, Volume 363, Number 9427, June 26, 2004.
- Harry Sheehy with Danny Peary, Raising a Team Player, Storey
Publishing, LLC, 2002.
- Paul A. Skudder, Robert Blumenberg, and Michael Gelfand, "Current Experience
with Percutaneous Vena Cava Filter Placement," 13th Annual Congress of the
American College of Phlebology, November 1999.
- Paul A. Skudder, Robert Blumenberg, Michael Gelfand, and Richard Sellick,
Vein Harvest is Associated with Lower Extremity Vein Thrombosis in a Postoperative
Population," Peripheral Vascular Surgery Society, January 1999.
- Alfred Persson and Paul A Skudder (editors), Visceral Vascular
Surgery (Science and Practice of Surgery Series, Number 13), 1987.
- Judith G. Coffin, Robert C. Stacey,
Robert E. Learner, and Standish Meacham, Western Civilizations, Fourteenth
Edition, W.W. Norton & Company, 2002.
- C. Warren Hollister, Robert C. Stacey, and Robin Chapman Stacey, The
Making of England to 1399, Houghton Mifflin, 2000.
- Robert C. Stacey, Politics, Policy, and Finance Under Henry III,
1216-1245, Oxford University Press, 1987.
- Startup Factories: Leading Edge Practices and Regional
Advantage for High-Performing Firms (with P. B.
Doeringer and C. Evans-Klock), Oxford University Press and the W.E.Upjohn
Business Strategy and Cross-Industry
Clusters (with Peter Doeringer), Economic Development Quarterly, Vol.9,
No.3, pp. 225-37, August 1995.
Troubled Waters: Economic Structure,
Industrial Policy, and Fisheries Trade (with Peter
Toronto Press, 1995.
Japanese Direct Investment and Economic
Development Policy, (with Peter Doeringer), Economic Development Quarterly,
Vol. 6, No. 3, pp.255-273, August, 1992.
Explaining Variations in Employment
Growth: Structural and Cyclical Change Among States and Local Areas (with
Peter Doeringer), Journal of Urban Economics, March 1991, pp. 1-20.
Turning Around Local Economies:
Managerial Strategies and Community Assets (with Peter Doeringer), Journal
of Policy Analysis and Management, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 487-506, Fall 1990.
How Intangible Factors Contribute to
Economic Development: Lessons From a Mature Local Economy, (with Peter
Doeringer), World Development, Vol. 18, No. 9, pp. 1295-1308, 1990.
Invisible Factors in Local Economic
Development (with Peter Doeringer and Gregory
University Press, 1987.
New England Fishing Economy: Jobs, Income,
and Kinship (with Peter Doeringer and Philip Moss),
Massachusetts Press, 1986.
Lorne (Kip) Weeks
- Jeffrey C. Williams, Manipulation on Trial: Economic Analysis
and the Hunt Silver Case, Cambridge University Press, 1995.
- Jeffrey C. Williams and Brian D. Wright, Storage and Commodity
Markets, Cambridge University Press, 1991.
- Jeffrey C. Williams, The Economic Function of Futures Markets,
Cambridge University Press, 1986.
- Chris Witting, 21-Day Countdown to Success: Take Charge of Your
Life in Less Than a Month, Career Press, 1998.
- Success Journal, nationally syndicated radio show on over 200 U.S. radio